Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Datacenter introduces advanced multi-layer security, hybrid capabilities with Azure, and a flexible application platform. As part of this release, we bring secured-core capabilities to help protect hardware, firmware, and Windows Server OS capabilities against advanced security threats. Secured-core server builds on Windows Defender System Guard and Virtualization-based Security to minimize risk from firmware vulnerabilities and advanced malware. The new release also provides secured connectivity that introduces several new capabilities such as faster and more secure encrypted HTTPS connections, industry-standard SMB AES 256 encryption, and more.
Windows Server 2022 improves hybrid server management with significantly improved VM management, an enhanced event viewer, and many more new capabilities in Windows Admin Center. Furthermore, this release includes significant improvements to Windows containers, such as smaller image sizes for faster download, simplified network policy implementation, and containerization tools for .NET applications.
Choose an edition and an installation option:
Customers who download the whole ISO will choose an edition and an installation option. This ISO evaluation is for the Datacenter and Standard editions. The Datacenter edition is the complete edition and includes the new Datacenter-specific features (Shielded Virtual Machines, Storage Spaces Direct, and Software-Defined Networking) in addition to unlimited server virtualization.
- Server Core: This is the recommended installation option. It’s a minor installation that includes the core components of Windows Server and supports all server roles but does not include a local graphical user interface (GUI). It is used for “headless” deployments, managed remotely through Windows Admin Center, PowerShell, or other server management tools.
- Server with Desktop Experience: This complete installation includes a full GUI for customers who prefer this option.
When you complete your evaluation, you can convert your evaluation versions to retail.
Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Languages:
- Chinese (Simplified), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Windows Server 2022 | 64-bit ISO
- Windows Server 2022 | 64-bit VHD
- Windows Server 2022 on Microsoft Azure
For more details, check the following links: